Totara Room – Young Children
Welcome to the Totara room where we cater for children aged 2 ¾ -3 ¾ years. Tree Town Totara is a warm, safe and stimulating learning environment designed to foster children’s curiosity and creativity.
Our team of experienced, qualified Teachers is passionate about working with the young children, supporting and encouraging them as they become aware of their strengths and gain confidence in their own abilities.
- Qualified teachers who are skilled at using the ‘teachable moments’ which occur every day
- An excellent teacher:child ratio of four teachers to 25 children
- A child centred play environment where children are encouraged to be problem-solvers and explorers
- A play based programme with an emphasis on incorporating literacy and numeracy in ways that have meaning for the children
- Behaviour management based on the ‘Virtues Programme’ which is used in many primary schools and secondary schools
- Programme planning based on children’s urges, interests, strengths and needs
- Strong links with the local community
- Nutritious morning and afternoon teas
- An open door policy for parents and caregivers
The Head Teacher in this area is Jackie, with Cecilia, Kellie and Jess to complete the teaching team.
Jackie Davey – Head Teacher
Diploma of Teaching (ECE)
Cecilia Balladares – Assistant Team Leader
Qualification Recognized by NZ Education Kindergarten/ Primary Teacher
Kellie Watson -Teacher